We are pleased to share the abundance of resources (educational, music, artistic, prayers, sermons, essays, etc.) authored by Latino/Latina/Latinx/Latine siblings within the UCC and beyond. If you have a resource you want to share, please go to our contact page and send us a note.
The Lopez Scholarship
The Lopez Scholarship is intended to prepare Latina/Latino/Latinx future ministers, educated in the socially and theologically progressive seminaries related to the UCC. It is named in honor of The Reverend Dr. Héctor Edmundo López, a laborer in the journey for racial justice. Dr. López is the first Latino ordained in the UCC and the first Latino UCC Conference Minister. This scholarship was established as a 4-way covenant between the Council for Hispanic Ministries, Justice and Witness Ministries, Local Church Ministries and Wider Church Ministries of the UCC. Applications Open December 1, 2021 and close March 1, 2022.
Publications or Videos produced by or in collaboration with Members of the Colectivo:
- Ashes Alive Easter Devotional, Year C
- Ancestral practices of Lamentation (Minute 37 created by a Latinx Member)
- Hard and Holy: Devotions for Parenting
- Homegrown Faith and Justice: Faith-forming activities, conversations, rituals, and resources for families with children.
- The Words of Her Mouth: Psalms for the Struggle (Spong).
- Re-writing of the Psalter, UCC activists Project: Re-Written of Psalm 133
- Giving Our All to God
- To Heal, We Must Remember
- “Theological Field Education as a Bridge across Disciplines,” Religions, 12(1), 2021, 10
- “Frameworks toward Post/Decolonial Pastoral Leadership,” Journal of Religious Leadership, 19(2), 2020, 100-130
- “Excellence in Supervision: Listening to Our Students,” Reflective Practice: Formation and Supervision in Ministry, 40(1), 2020, 194-205
- “No Substitute” – December 19, 2019 – RevGalBlogPals
- “Lo Cotidiano” – June 6, 2019 – RevGalBlogPals
- “Uncomfortability” – September 27, 2018 – RevGalBlogPals
- “Nurturing Leadership Development for the Now and the Next: A Denominational Perspective,” Reflective Practice: Formation and Supervision in Ministry, 38(1), 2018, 25-38
- “Engaging Young Adults: American Congregations 2015,” Faith Communities Today (Hartford, CT: Hartford Institute for Religion Research), 2016
- “Kirkwood United Church of Christ,” How Religious Congregations Are Engaging Young Adults in America, eds. Monte Sahlin and David Roozen (Hartford, CT: Hartford Institute for Religion Research, 2015), 111-136
- “Interfaith Families: Practicing Radical Inclusion and Hospitality,” Word & World, 33(1), 2013, 53-61
- “Access to Higher Education for Undocumented Students: ‘Outlaws’ of Social Justice, Equity, and Equality,” Journal of Praxis in Multicultural Education, 5(1), 2010, 67-82
- “Self-Care During A Pandemic,” United Church of Christ Thursdays for the Soul webinar, April 23, 2020
- “Resisting, Disrupting, Dismantling: A Reflection for Turning the Tables Monday,” Reflexiones, March 27, 2018
- “Congregational Vitality and Ministerial Excellence: Intersections and Possibilities for Ministry” (Cleveland, OH: United Church of Christ), 2015
- Queer Loving is Jesus Loving
- The State of Rural Churches & Communities – YouTube
- Celebración Afro-Latine En Palabra y Oración – YouTube
- “Cuando decir que “No” es lo más difícil.”